Today I had the great pleasure of running an hour-long career webinar for the worldwide professional network, Women in Geospatial+. The event was kindly hosted by Julia Wagemann and Kate Vavra-Musser.
In this webinar we discussed:
- The different paths that a geospatial career can take.
- How the psychology of flourishing and universal human needs can help you design a truly fulfilling career.
- How to gain confidence and develop as a leader.
- Why you shouldn’t chase job titles.
- The importance of challenging your assumptions, biases and limiting beliefs.
- Why mentoring and leading with questions is more powerful than providing answers.
- And much more… including a good Q&A session.
You can download the slides here (PDF 6 MB). The presentation recording includes lots of additional (verbal) information as well as a Q&A session, and is available here (on the WiG+ YouTube channel).